Trade and Political Risk Insurance
- Protection against expropriation, selective discrimination, forced abandonment, forced divestiture and deprivation of assets
- Cover for Import and Export Licence cancellation or embargo and Operating Licence cancellation, non-payment and pre-shipment risk
- Cover for non-transfer and currency inconvertibility
- Protection for physical damage due to political violence, inlcuding business interruption
- Protection for A-rated bespoke insurance cover, underwritten at Lloyd’s of London and with international company markets
Trade and Political Risk insurance for contracts, projects and investments
As unpredictable global economics and unstable political regimes continue to affect global business, Trade and Political Risk insurance can provide the assurance you need to secure finance and protect projects, assets, goods and services abroad.
Bellwood Prestbury is an expert in organising bespoke cover to protect your Imports and Exports, Overseas Operations, Finance and Lending and Fixed Investments from the risks of political upheaval and violence, anywhere in the world.
From single contract, to multiple contract, named per risk and annual cover, we can create the policy you need to mitigate risk and help you to meet financing or contractual requirements. Each policy is underwritten to protect against the specific risks in the country you are trading in, the nature of your trade and the profile of the clients you are dealing with.
Crisis management support included
We provide policies that include crisis management support, giving you 24/7 access to experienced professionals who can advise on wrongful detention, malicious prosecution, illegal occupation, blockades and other issues.
Trade and Political Risk insurance can cover your Imports and Exports, Overseas Operations, Finance and Lending and Fixed Investments, to provide wider protection for all of your operations in less stable regions.